SAN DIEGO, CA (August 25, 2021) – The PXI Express (PXIe) standard was developed to address the growing need for faster communication protocols which leverage the newer PCIe communications bus. While PXI and PXIe currently live side-by-side, the older protocol (PXI) will eventually become obsolete. With the fast-approaching obsolescence of the PXI standard, VTI Instruments continues the rollout of products aligned with PXI Express.
Today, VTI Instruments is proud to unveil the following additions to the PXIe product portfolio:
- The CMX09A & CMX18A chassis with nine and eighteen slots, respectively, offering industry leading performance at a competitive price point.
- Introduction of seven DIO PXIe Cards (EMX-75xx Series). These 64 Channel Digital Input/Output cards come with Isolation and high-performance features that include high current sink and a wide range of input voltages.
- Forty-four uW Switch cards (SMX-7xxx). These new uW switch cards further complement an already robust SMX portfolio that delivers the largest variety with bandwidths from 6GHz to 67GHz in all standard configurations.
A few benefits of using PXIe rather than the legacy PXI standard:
- Product Longevity
- Higher data throughput: PCIe data bus provides significantly faster backplane data rates with up to 8 GB/s
- Lower latency backplane communications
- Improved backplane timing and trigger bus
- Higher power available for each module
For more information visit VTIInstruments.com.
Located in San Diego, CA, AMETEK Programmable Power designs, manufactures, and markets precision, AC and DC programmable power supplies, electronic loads, application specific power subsystems, and compliance test solutions for customers requiring and valuing differentiated power products and services. Also part of our business is VTI Instruments, which delivers precision modular instrumentation and systems for electronic signal distribution, acquisition, and monitoring, used in the world's most demanding test applications.
AMETEK Programmable Power boasts one of the industries' broadest portfolios of programmable power products under the well-known and respected Sorensen, Elgar, and California Instruments brands. AMETEK Programmable Power’s products serve a wide range of stimulus (T&M) and process power needs in applications including semiconductor fabrication, commercial and defense ATE, oil exploration, solar array and battery string simulation, avionics, general R&D and EMC compliance testing.
VTI Instruments provides products and systems which are used to monitor and record data that characterizes the physical integrity and performance of aircraft, engines, and other large structures, as well as automate the functional testing of complex electronic systems. VTI Instruments is recognized as an industry leader with a reputation of providing reliable data, first time, every time.
With strong brands, a broad product portfolio, exceptional precision power conversion and control expertise, proven power system integration capabilities and deep applications knowledge, AMETEK Programmable Power is your source for programmable power supplies, precision data acquisition instruments, and more.